January 18, 2013

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

God promises in Jeremiah that once we, His people, seek Him with our entire heart, we will find Him. We have to jump in - with our heart, with our mind, with our soul. He commands this multiple times (Deuteronomy 6:5, Deuteronomy 10:12, Matthew 22:37) and promises that if we choose to listen, we will find a love worth having.

Half of 2011 and (unfortunately) a large part of 2012 was spent in heartache over a boy that did not even deserve to know my name.  I pursued and held onto him for eight months, while he was steadily letting go.  My spirit was deteriorating because I was giving it everything I had - all because he said he loved me. Then, I remembered that I have a God that loves me. A God that has promised me a love that will not fade. A love that will endure until well after I see Him face-to-face. When I realized that I had neglected the one love that would never fail, I felt guilty. Thankfully, God knows which words to place on our hearts:

"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor heights, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Jesus Christ."
Romans 8:38-39

I struggled with this break up for far too long because I failed to see the love God has for me.  You see, a woman's main fear is abandonment. Satan whispers to us that we will be alone once our partner (or even God) sees who we really are. In these situations, we have to clothe ourselves with the shield of faith and remember that God is in control.  Satan tries to corrupt our beauty, but God remains faithful in always restoring it.  He is here to show us  how captivating we are. Not because we are on the outside. Not because we are on the inside. But because we are His. Every woman and every man deserve a love like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment