September 7, 2010

A head full of dreams and a faith that will move anything.

I'm currently about a month and a half into my new life at home and only two weeks into my new job. So far it's been great. I've always loved kids and these past couple of weeks have just proven that over and over again. Obviously, there have already been days where they have made my head hurt and I've already had sore throats from trying to keep them under control. But for the most part, I love being a part of the molding process. And most of them love me being a part of it, too. I have fallen completely in love with some of their personalities and I can tell that some of them are going to do great things - wherever they go.

These kids already have me hooked. This weekend I accidentally overheard a conversation about one of the kids' situation at home with his parents and it absolutely broke my heart. I mean I was almost in tears when I was trying to explain what he was going through to my parents. This is after only knowing him for a couple of days.

Anyway, I am hopeful about what this year has in store for both the kids and myself. Somehow I don't think they are the only ones being molded in this experience.

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world for me.
It's a new dawn.
It's a new day.
It's a new life for me.
And I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment