"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another."
Back in July 2010, I wrote about the Hebrews 10:24 people in my life. However, my best friend is the epitome of Hebrews 10:24. How lucky I am to have had this beacon of God's love in my life for the past 8 years. God's love should be basked in and shared among those you love, and thankfully, I have experienced this with the best of the best.
For the past couple of years, I have tried to sacrifice something of myself for Lent, ranging from make-up to chocolate. With the realization over the last couple of days that Ash Wednesday was quickly approaching, I had no idea what my sacrifice would be this season. However, it was placed on my heart yesterday to memorize Scripture. I think every child of God should be equipped with His Word to ward off the enemy, but I never commit the time to actually do it. So in true Hebrews 10:24 fashion, I recruited my best friend to join me on this adventure. We are both at a critical time in our individual spiritual journeys, where we have experienced immense growth and love for the Creator. I'm so excited to share the next couple of weeks with her!
Scripture 1
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His commandments have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise.
Psalm 111:10


No comments:
Post a Comment