We all want what we can't have. This is a fact of life. And at some point, we all have or will pursue qualities that are completely opposite our true selves. I think it's obvious that I am a planner. I like things in order, preferably list form, and some would even go as far to say that I am a "Monica."
Like I've said over and over, I have loved every minute of being home, but at times the relaxation gets boring. The rhythm I slip into can be mundane, so recently I resolved to change this. I want to be spontaneous, but can you really 'plan' to be spontaneous? Well, the mission of spontaneity had been unsuccessful, until this weekend. The hivemind was reunited in Halifax this past fall break and it was one of the best weekends I've had in a really long time. Somehow, these past three days were filled with spontaneous adventures. Exploring South Boston. Exploring the Prizery. Exploring a rock quarry. So maybe this is what friendship is all about - being with the people that bring out the best in you. Being with the people that are able to help you discover a completely different side of yourself, a side you didn't even know existed.
So I don't have to be spontaneous everyday, that's just not how I'm wired. But in the quest for a less habitual and more adventurous self, I learned a vital life lesson: surround yourself with the people that are able to take you to new heights, help you search within yourself, and ultimately bring out the best in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment